RULE 1 – SCHEDULE
The Wednesday Night Mixed League will be sanctioned with United States Bowling Conference (USBC) through
their respective local associations. The league will consist of twenty (20) teams with a playing strength of four (4)
players each. The league will bowl on Wednesday night for 36 weeks, beginning on August 24, 2005. Warm-ups will begin
at 6:15 with league play to begin at 6:25. There will be no league play on December 28, 2005. The league will resume
January 4, 2006. The league will bowl a split season consisting of 4 equal rounds of 9 weeks each. Position rounds
will be the 9th, 18th, 27th, and 36th week.
RULE 2 – MANAGEMENT
The management of this league will be vested in the Board of Directors, which will consist of the officers
and team captains. The entire league membership will elect officers and adopt the league rules.
RULE 3 - FEES & SALARIES
- The amount to be paid by each bowler weekly will be $13.00 of which $9.00 will be lineage, $.25 secretary fee and $3.75
- Each team will pay to the sec/treas. a $20.00 Sponsor Fee within 27th week of the start of the league. This fee will be
added to the prize fund at the end of the season.
- The bowling fees for the last two weeks will be paid by each bowler by the end of the 27th week.
- Games will be forfeited by any team whose members are not current in paying these fees.
- No bowler will be in arrears of regular bowling fees for more that two (2) weeks. In the event of absence, the bowler
may apply these fees paid in advance until such fees are used. Upon return dues must be returned to current status. There
will be a $30.00 returned check fee., proceeds of which will be divided equally among the teams at the end of the season.
- The President will appoint an auditing committee. This committee’s sole duty will be handling teams that are in
arrears and reporting back to the President the decision on the team in arrears.
RULE 4 - LEAGUE FUNDS
An account is opened in the name of the league at Regions Bank, Meridian, MS in which the funds will
be deposited. Withdrawals will only be made in the form of checks requiring the signature of 2 league officers.
RULE 5 – PRIZES
- The President will appoint a committee of at least three (3) members to prepare a prize list. The prize list must be approved
by the league membership and distributed to each team within five (5) weeks after start of schedule.
- To qualify for any individual awards, a bowler must bowl in a least 51% (55) of scheduled games.
- Special high series and game prizes will be awarded in both handicap and scratch categories. However, no one may qualify
for an award in both categories.
- An individual may qualify for high average and most improved bowler awards in addition to other awards.
- Individual handicap and scratch awards will be equal.
RULE 6 - ENTERING AVERAGES
Members will use their highest local winter average for 2004-2005, if no winter average they will
use summer average from 2005. If no summer they will set an average the first night. Bowlers with averages will use
that average for nine (9) games. At that time their average will be adjusted. Bowlers setting averages will change weekly.
RULE 7 – HANDICAP
The handicap will be 90% of the difference of 220. The handicap for each match will be the total of the individual
handicaps for each team member.
RULE 8 - TEAM ROSTER
- Captains will provide rosters for team to the secretary prior at the start of the schedule. Rosters will be limited to
four (4) players. Any roster changes must be reported to the secretary prior to the new member bowling. All bowlers must purchase
their USBC cards prior to bowling their first game of league play.
- In the event a bowler or team resigns during the season, a letter of resignation must be presented to the team captain
and the league secretary two (2) weeks prior to the bowler leaving. League fees must be paid by the resigning member until
the two (2) weeks are up. The team then becomes responsible for the fees until a replacement starts. If any money is owed,
it will be paid by the remaining team members or taken out of the prize money at the end of the year and all prize money will
RULE 9 – SUBSTITUTES
A list of roving subs will be maintained by Dixie bowl. No one may bowl with more than one team for any regularly
scheduled game each week. Women may sub for men and men for women. No subs will be allowed during position rounds or roll-off.
No team captain is allowed to add a substitute bowler during a game in progress. A substitute must be added prior to the first
frame of any game in the series.
RULE 10 - LEGAL LINEUP
A minimum of two (2) regular team members must be present prior at the start of bowling or the game will
be forfeited. Subs do not count towards a legal lineup.
RULE 11 – FORFEITURES
When a team fails to have a minimum lineup, the opposing team must bowl within 40 pins of their team’s
current average in order to win the points. Points not won will not be credited to either team. The team present will bowl
as though the game is in progress.
RULE 12 - ABSENTEE AND VACANCY SCORES
Absentee scores will be allowed when a team has a legal lineup, but less than a full, lineup at the start
of the any game or series. The absentee score will be the member's average less 10 pins. The handicap will be figured on the
actual average of the absent bowler. When a team does not have enough players on its roster for a legal lineup, a vacancy
score of 120 and 81 pins handicap will be used.
RULE 13 – PACERS
There will be no pacers used in this league.
RULE 14 – POSTPONEMENTS
- A committee will be appointed to determine what will be sufficient cause to grant a postponement. In emergencies, the
captain of the team unable to attend will notify the bowling center at the earliest opportunity.
- When a postponement is granted the teams involved may bowl unopposed in advance or after the regular regularly scheduled
providing these games are made up prior to the next scheduled match. The scores will count towards deciding games won and
are eligible for league USBC awards.
RULE 15 - TARDY PLAYERS
A BOWLER WHO ARRIVES LATE MAY ENTER THE FIRST GAME PROVIDED THE 3rd FRAME HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED BY THE
OPPOSING TEAM. FOR THE SECOND AND THIRD GAME A TARDY PLAYER CANNOT MAKE UP ANY MISSED FRAMES BUT WILL USE ONE-TENTH OF THEIR
ABSENTEE SCORE FOR EACH FRAME MISSED.
RULE 16 - POSITION STANDINGS
- Position standings will be determined on the basis of games won or lost, and total pins, with one point for each game
and one point for total pins.
- A winner of the round will be declared after the position round of each split. In the event of a tie for first place for
a round or the last position for the championship roll off a one game roll off will determine the winner and must be done
RULE 17 - CHAMPIONSHIP ROLL-OFF
- There will be eight (8) teams in the Championship roll-off at the end of the season. The winner of each round plus the
next four (4) teams with the most games won who did not win a round. In the event a team should win more than one round, the
second place team or next eligible team would qualify for the roll-off.
- The Championship roll-off will consist of a three (3) game series under the same conditions and rules governing league
play. The championship will be awarded on total pins including handicap. Scores bowled in championship roll-off do not count
towards individual averages or league awards but do count towards USBC awards.
BY LAWS APPROVED BY THE VOTE OF LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP ON 8-17-05.